Be Well Texas is working to transform how people living with substance use, substance use disorder (SUD) and/or mental illness throughout Texas are cared for and treated.
Our mission is to provide access to high-quality, low-barrier, evidence-based care throughout Texas.
We are an interprofessional team of scientists and practitioners who leverage science, innovation and capacity building.
Our newest endeavor is the Be Well Texas headquarters, which holds our outpatient clinic that provides treatment services statewide through our virtual clinic and our programs providing recovery support services throughout Texas. We offer treatment via virtual visits on a smartphone, mobile device or computer, as well as in-person options—making access available anywhere in Texas.
- We believe compassion is fundamental to improving outcomes.
- We believe stigma is unacceptable and incompatible with recovery.
- We believe addiction treatment and related services should be an essential part of healthcare.
- We believe high-quality care should be easily accessible and offered to all who need it.
- We believe the most successful and sustaining models depend on collaborative, community solutions.
- Compassion: We take intentional action to care for ourselves and others.
- Empowerment: We empower each other and our community to their best.
- Engagement: We draw strength from multiple perspectives, leveraging the experiences and voices of all our stakeholders.
- Collaboration: We harness the power of healthy relationships and trust to learn, adapt and achieve our goals.
- Accountability: We bring our best, taking responsibility in our community and in systems of support.
What We Do
- We work with a statewide network of over 133 community-based organizations and hospital partners to improve quality and access to treatment and recovery support services.
- We train and mentor health care providers to use medications to treat substance use disorder.
- We operate the Be Well Texas Clinic in San Antonio, Texas that provides in-person and virtual visits to people anywhere in Texas.
- We conduct cutting-edge research through our NIH-supported research program to develop new interventions and therapies to reduce the burden of substance use disorder.
Be Well Texas treatment and services are made possible through funding from:
- Medication for Opioid Use Disorder Treatment (MOUD), HHS000878900001
- Office-Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT), HHS000562000001
- Peer Recovery Support- Recovery Support- Recovery Support Services (PRS-RS-RSS), HHS001196700002
- Peer Recovery Support- Recovery Support- Virtual Behavioral Health (PRS-RS-VBH), HHS001196700002
- Demonstration Project (DEMO), HHS001196700002
- Recovery Residences for Emerging Adults (RRH-EA), HHS001196700002
- Medication Assisted Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder (MAT-AUD), HHS001196700002
- Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT), HHS001196700002
- Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Care Services (SA/BHCVS) under Texas Emergency Response COVID-19 Behavioral Health (TEC-BH), HHS000843300001
- Texas Targeted Opioid Response Recovery Support Services (TTOR-RSS), HHSC001054500001
- Texas Targeted Opioid Response Support Hospital Opioid Use Disorder Treatment (SHOUT), HHSC001054500001
- Texas Targeted Opioid Response TRX (TTOR-TRX), HHS001046900001
- Substance Use Disorder Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (SUD ECHO), HHS001196700002
- Testing and Mitigation Supplies Distribution (SA/TMSD), HHS001042300006
- HRSA 23-085 Screening and Treatment for Maternal Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders (MMHSUD), HRSA 23-085
*Special thanks to our donors whose contributions to our program make possible a variety of services that have an impact on the daily lives of people in Texas who are living with substance use disorder.