Be Well Texas is working to transform how people living with substance use disorder and non-severe mental illness throughout Texas are cared for and treated.
We are an interprofessional team of scientists and practitioners working to accomplish our mission.
Our newest endeavor is the Be Well Texas Clinic, an outpatient clinic that provides treatment services statewide through our virtual clinic and our facility at UT Health San Antonio. We offer high-quality, evidence-based treatment for all people in Texas via virtual visits on a smartphone, mobile device or computer, as well as in-person options—making access available anywhere in Texas.
- We believe compassion is fundamental to our work.
- We believe research and education play a pivotal role in reducing stigma, increasing access, and ensuring quality care for substance use disorder.
- We believe addiction treatment and recovery support should be an essential part of healthcare.
- We believe quality care for substance use disorder should be equitable and easy to access.
- We believe in a future where substance use is not addressed with words of stigma.
- We believe the most successful and sustaining models are found in collaborative, community solutions.
What we do
- We work with a statewide network of over 133 community-based organizations and hospital partners to improve quality and access to treatment and recovery support services.
- We train and mentor health care providers to use medications to treat substance use disorder.
- We operate the Be Well Texas Clinic in San Antonio, Texas that provides in-person and virtual visits to people anywhere in Texas.
- We conduct cutting-edge research through our NIH-supported research program to develop new interventions and therapies to reduce the burden of substance use disorder.